Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Private Client Agreement

by The Editor at 08:00 09/09/06 (About Hardhatter)
Hardhatter financial products are provided by Coulson Pritchard Associates.
Contractor Money is a trading name of Contractor Financials Ltd, which is authorised by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to advise on and arrange transactions in life assurance, pensions, unit trusts and Individual Savings Accounts.

As Independent Financial Advisers and members of the FSA we are happy to provide you with our Private Customer Terms of Business.

We offer you independent financial advice and undertake not to transact any business on your behalf in which we, or one of our customers, have a material interest without first informing you in writing and obtaining your consent.

When we have arranged any investments for which you have given us instructions, we will not give you any further advice unless you request it but will be pleased to advise you at any time you ask us to do so.

We will obtain certain facts about your personal and financial circumstances including investment objectives and attitude to risk ensuring that any recommendations meet with your requirements. Should you decline to provide full facts regarding your circumstances we will only advise you in accordance with the information that you have supplied or requested.

We require our clients to give us instructions in writing to avoid any possible disputes. We will however accept verbal instructions provided they are subsequently confirmed in writing

Authority to act on your behalf may be terminated at any time with immediate effect by either party giving notice in writing to the other. This shall not prejudice the completion of any transactions initiated prior to the receipt of such written notice.


We derive income from commission paid to us by life assurance companies and unit trust managers with whom investments are made. The amount of commission will be disclosed to you.

On rare occasions we may receive a type of benefit from the introduction of business to a product provider or other firm. We will not transact business or make a recommendation, which is likely to result in an indirect benefit being received without disclosing this fact to you.

We reserve the right to share commission with others at our discretion. Should we receive commission from another intermediary or the issuer of a security, we will inform you of payment but will only undertake to provide particulars of commission payable on request.

If we propose to charge a fee we will agree the amount with you in writing before we carry out any chargeable work.

Clients' Money
We are not authorised to handle clients' money. We do not accept cash or a cheque made out to us unless it is in relation to a fee or disbursement for which you have received an invoice.

All investments will be registered in your name unless otherwise agreed in writing. We will forward all contract notes and documents of title to you as soon as is practicable after we receive them; where a number of documents relating to a series of transactions is involved, we will normally hold each document until the series is complete and then forward them to you.

We undertake to maintain records for at least six years and would like to inform you that you have the right to inspect copies of contract notes, vouchers or entries in our books and files relating to your transactions or any computerised records of the same.

Should you have any complaint about the advice you have received or a product which you have bought, please write to the Compliance Manager, Sara Wright, Contractor Financials Ltd, Greyhound House, 23-24 George Street, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1HY. Telephone 0845 062 8888 . If you do not receive a satisfactory response you may subsequently complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service the details of which will be provided as a matter of course.

If you make a valid claim against us in respect of the investments we arrange for you and we are unable to meet our liabilities in full, you may be entitled to redress from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme; details of the cover provided by the Scheme are given in a leaflet which is available on request. Further information is available from the Financial Services Authority and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

We maintain Professional Indemnity Insurance.

Susie Hughes Hardhatter.com 2006
The Editor